Clay Electric Cooperative, Inc., the 9th largest electric cooperative in the nation, located in Keystone Heights, Florida, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Associate Engineer. Clay Electric is located in north Florida, with easy access to beaches, outdoor activities and both college sports and NFL.
Individuals in positions allocated to this class perform professional engineering service in the area of system planning, transmission, substations and distribution design. Primary responsibilities include computation, estimating, reports, surveys, inventory, specifications, bid analysis and other engineering functions.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Engineering Design. Responsible for computation, estimating, reports, surveys, inventory, specification, bid analysis and similar engineering details. Complete projects that are in a particular field. Handles particular phases of multi field projects.
- Construction Design. Assume responsibility for construction design in the particular engineering field.
- Communication. Deal directly with supervisory personnel and manufacturers’ representatives as directed.
- Supervision as Required. Schedule, coordinate and supervise field projects. Provide direction to other Engineering personnel as required.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements:
This position requires graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering in electrical, mechanical, industrial, civil, chemical, nuclear or computer science fields plus one and one half (1 ½ ) years’ experience as either an Engineer-In-Training or a Field Engineer. Equivalent experience outside of Clay Electric may substitute on a year for year basis for the required experience.
Individuals in this position must maintain a valid State of Florida driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This position requires the knowledge to deal with the general public, utilities, contractors, consulting engineers, industrial representatives, and governmental agencies involving electric utility design, plans and specifications.
This position requires the ability to read circuit diagrams and all maps concerning the electric system. This position requires the ability to read all engineering publications and to attend meetings to keep abreast of engineering and technological changes. This position requires the ability to design, prepare plans and specifications. This position requires the ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics, logic diagrams and control diagrams.
The physical demands of this position require exposure to adverse elements and the normal hazards associated with working in the field such as opening gates, walking over rough terrain, heavy woods and brush, bad dogs and climbing fences.
To apply please send resume to the Chief Human Resources Officer, P. O. Box 308, Keystone Heights, FL 32656 or e-mail to the Human Resources Generalist at email@example.com. Clay Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Clay Electric Cooperative, Inc., the 9th largest cooperative in the nation, located in Keystone Heights, Florida, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Lineman in the Palatka District. Clay Electric is located in north Florida, with easy access to beaches, outdoor activities and both college sports and NFL.
Individuals in positions allocated to this class perform the most advanced and skilled work required in connection with the construction, maintenance, operations and service of transmission, overhead and underground distribution lines, protective equipment, substations and related equipment owned and operated by the Cooperative.
Essential job functions include:
- Construction and Maintenance of Power Lines. Install, remove, inspect and maintain both overhead and underground lines and equipment.
- Switching Operations. Perform switching operations on energized and de-energized lines and equipment, utilizing the Electric Systems Control Manual, UAI system and all safety precautions.
- Troubleshooting and Outage Restoration. Working independently or with others, systematically perform all duties associated with troubleshooting lines and equipment to restore electric service.
- Operation of Equipment. Operate construction equipment such as line truck, bucket truck, trenchers and other equipment as required. Comply with all traffic laws and related safety rules and safe work practices.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements:
This position requires a high school certificate or State of Florida GED passing grade plus additional training equivalent to Clay Electric's Lineman Development Training Program and four (4) years of experience in an electric distribution utility, preferably through the progression of Apprentice line work. This position also requires a valid Florida Class A commercial driver's license or a Florida Class A restricted commercial driver's license.
To apply please send resume to the Director of Human Resources, P. O. Box 308, Keystone Heights, FL 32656 or email to the Human Resources Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. Clay Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment opportunities are periodically published on Clay Electric's website. If you would like to apply for one of the published positions, please mail your resume to:
Clay Electric Cooperative, Inc.
ATTN: Chief Human Resource Officer
P.O. Box 308
Keystone Heights, FL 32656
Clay Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.