If you cannot attend our Annual Meeting next month, you can still vote in the co-op's trustee elections!
There are three trustee candidates up for re-election this year.
To request an absentee ballot, you will need to provide your account number that is associated with your membership. This account number begins with an asterisk (*) and can be found on your electric bill statement.
Request a ballot by either:
• Calling 1-800-239-2385 toll-free, or
• Emailing email@example.com and providing the name and account number.
The deadline to request a ballot is no later than April 19 at 3 p.m.
All ballots must be received by April 25 by 4 p.m. via U.S. mail to the designated P.O. Box for the ballots to count.
Ballots will only be mailed to the member’s billing address. There will be no exceptions.
How do I vote?
• Instructions for completing the absentee ballot are included in the ballot packet.
• Members will not be able to bring their absentee ballots to the Annual Meeting. Members at the Annual Meeting will only be allowed to vote through the traditional in-person method.
• Absentee ballots will only be accepted in the return envelope delivered by USPS to the P.O. Box on the return envelope.
• Absentee ballots will not be accepted at Clay Electric offices or at the Clay County Supervisor of Elections office.
• Per Clay Electric bylaws, once an absentee ballot is cast, no in-person voting will be allowed for that member at the Annual Meeting.
All members who vote by absentee ballot will be placed in a separate prize drawing contest to win one of five bill credits: one bill credit for $500, one for $250, one for $150 and two for $100. Winners will be notified within two weeks of the Annual Meeting.