Due to ongoing concerns surrounding the spread of coronavirus, the co-op has made the difficult decision to cancel the gathering portion of Annual Meeting for the second year in a row. The gathering had been set for March 11 in Keystone Heights.
The annual report portion of Annual Meeting will now be held online and broadcast beginning at 9 a.m. March 11 on ClayElectric.com and the co-op’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.
The online broadcast will cover the regular agenda of the in-person report portion of Annual Meeting, including: remarks from the president of the Board of Trustees; the general manager’s report; and the announcement of trustee election results. The drawing of door prizes and the grand prize of a 2012 Chevy Colorado pickup truck from the co-op’s fleet will also be featured.
Voting for the Board of Trustees seats up for election will take place by absentee ballot only this year. The instructions for requesting a ballot are below.
All members who vote will be placed in a prize drawing contest to win a 2012 Chevy Colorado pickup truck from the co-op’s fleet or one of 42 bill credits: one $1,800 bill credit, one $750 bill credit, one $400 credit, one $150 bill credit and 38 bill credits of $50.
How do I request a ballot?
To request an absentee ballot, you will need to provide your account number associated with your membership. This account number begins with an asterisk (*) and can be found on your electric bill. Request a ballot by either:
- Visiting https://Ballot.ClayElectric.com (no www)
- Emailing BallotRequest@ClayElectric.com
- Calling 1-800-224-4917 toll-free
When can I request a ballot?
- The first day to request a ballot is after 8:30 a.m. Jan. 19.
- The last day to request a ballot is by 3 p.m. Feb. 26.
- Ballots must be received by 4 p.m. March 5 via U.S. mail in the return envelope provided to the designated address for the ballots to count.
- Ballots will only be mailed to the member’s billing address. There will be no exceptions.