Beginning Monday, Feb. 9, members may request an absentee ballot for the upcoming Annual Meeting elections. This year’s Annual Meeting will be the first time in the history of the co-op that members will be able to vote by absentee ballot.
The board of trustees selected the Clay County Supervisor of Elections to provide absentee voting services. Members can call or email the Clay County Supervisor of Elections to request an absentee ballot.
Members requesting an absentee ballot must know their account number that has a $5 membership recorded in order to request a ballot. Absentee ballots will only be mailed to the billing address.
How do I request an absentee ballot?
To request an absentee ballot, you will need to provide your account number that is associated with your membership. This account number begins with an asterisk (*) and can be found on your electric bill statement. Request a ballot by either:
• Calling 1-855-308-8393 toll-free, or
• Emailing email@example.com and providing the name and account number.
• The deadline to request a ballot is no later than Mar. 12, 2015 at 3 p.m.
• All ballots must be received by Mar. 19, 2015 by 4 p.m. via U.S. mail to the designated P.O. Box for the ballots to count.
Ballots will only be mailed to the member’s billing address. There will be no exceptions.
How do I vote?
• Instructions for completing the absentee ballot are included in the ballot packet.
• Members will not be able to bring their absentee ballots to the Annual Meeting. Members at the annual meeting will only be allowed to vote through the traditional in-person method.
• Absentee ballots will only be accepted in the return envelope delivered by USPS to the P.O. Box on the return envelope.
• Absentee ballots will not be accepted at Clay Electric offices or at the Clay County Supervisor of Elections office.
• Per Clay Electric bylaws, once an absentee ballot is cast, no in-person voting will be allowed for that member at the Annual Meeting.
All members who vote by absentee ballot will be placed in a separate prize drawing contest to win one of five bill credits. There are three bill credit prizes worth $250 each, one for $150 and one for $100. Winners will be notified within two weeks of the annual meeting. Members who vote absentee can still attend the Annual Meeting but will not be eligible to win any of the door prizes, including the grand prize.