If you cannot attend our Annual Meeting next month, you can still vote in the co-op's trustee elections!
There are three trustee candidates up for re-election this year.
To request a mail ballot, you will need to provide your account number that is associated with your membership. This account number begins with an asterisk (*) and can be found on your electric bill statement.
Request a ballot by either:
- Calling 1-800-239-2385 toll-free, or
- Emailing email@example.com and providing the name and account number.
The deadline to request a ballot is no later than March 20 at 3 p.m.
All ballots must be received by March 26 by 4 p.m. via U.S. mail to the designated P.O. Box for the ballots to count. Ballots will only be mailed to the member’s billing address. There will be no exceptions.
How do I vote?
- Instructions for completing the absentee ballot are included in the ballot packet.
- Members will not be able to bring their mail ballots to the Annual Meeting. Members at the Annual Meeting will only be allowed to vote through the traditional in-person method.
- Mail ballots will only be accepted in the return envelope delivered by USPS to the P.O. Box on the return envelope.
- Mail ballots will not be accepted at Clay Electric offices or at the Clay County Supervisor of Elections office.
- Per Clay Electric bylaws, once a mail ballot is cast, no in-person voting will be allowed for that member at the Annual Meeting.
All members who vote by mail will be placed in a prize drawing contest to win one of 10 bill credits: One prize will be a $1,200 bill credit, one will be a $600 bill credit, one will be a $250 credit and seven bill credits of $80 will be awarded. Winners will be notified within two weeks of the Annual Meeting. Members who vote by mail can still attend the Annual Meeting, but they will not be eligible to win any of the door prizes, including the grand prize.